The recipe for my entree will be posted soon.
Unfortunately this event is not open to the public.
From Dec. 2009 MN PORK BOARD PRESS RELEASE:
Culinary Competition Shines Spotlight on The Other White Meat
Minnesota Taste of Elegance is sponsored by the Minnesota Pork Board, which works on behalf of the state’s pork producers to educate consumers and foodservice on pork’s versatility, affordability, preparation ease and delicious flavor.
Judging for the Minnesota Taste of Elegance takes place all day with the first, second and third place winning chefs, people’s choice selection and best evening table display announced at an evening award’s program. The top chef will also represent Minnesota pork producers at the National Taste of Elegance in June.
- Thomas Kavanaugh, Kavanaugh Culinary Group and Catering, East Gull Lake
- John Van House, Murray’s Restaurant, Minneapolis
- Tim Kovacs, Hilton Minneapolis, Minneapolis
- David Vlach, Heidi’s Minneapolis, Minneapolis
- Brian J. Rubenzer, Lettuce Cater, Columbia Heights
- Rafael Perez, Northfield Golf Club, Northfield
- Scott Nielsen, Grand Casino Hinckley, Hinckley
- Derek Black, SODEXO at ECOLAB, St. Paul
- Benjamin McCallum, Three Sons Signature Cuisine, Minneapolis
- Serge Devesa, Hotel Sofitel, Bloomington
- George P. Snyder, McCormick and Schmicks, Minneapolis
- Tony Beran, The Strip Club Meat and Fish, St. Paul
- Daniel J. Cleary, Park Tavern, St. Louis Park
- Clinton J. Yocom, Marriott Hotel, Rochester
- Tim Cockram, Owatonna Country Club, Owatonna
- Tuan Nguyen, Minnesota Valley Country Club, Bloomington
Following the Taste of Elegance competition, consumers can request a free booklet that features all 16 pork recipes and view the recipes on line at www.mnpork.com. Additional contributors to the 2010 Taste of Elegance are Hubbard Feeds, Inc., Independent Bankers of Minnesota, Morgan Creek Vineyards, Stock Yards and U.S. Foodservice.